Dilemma: You want to save more money, yet you still need to look good.
Invest wisely in your wardrobe by buying pieces that are high quality and not overly trendy. With these pieces, you will be able to mix and match and create different outfits.
Here are my suggestions for men and women:
- Solid White Shirt– Make sure the fit is perfect. There are different companies that will make them for you and will not break the budget.
- Solid White T-Shirt- Include a dressy version for wearing with your jeans during summer. Pick cotton that breathes well and looks luxurious. You only need one. For your undershirts, pick a cotton that is a bit thicker and will fit looser.
- Dark Blue Fitted Jeans- Buy a fit that you can dress up when you need to. I recommend a slim fit that is not to skinny.
- Camel Chinos- Make sure it is not a light tone. I also recommend a slimmer fit.
- Grey Sweater V- Neck or Crewneck- With this basic, you will be able to layer either with a button down shirt or t-shirt or wear by itself. Why grey? It goes with everything!
- Dressy Blazer in dark color- This piece will be all about fit and fabric. Pick a fabric that is luxurious. I recommend a lightweight wool that is good for all seasons. I also recommend a color that is basic such as navy, grey or perhaps a chocolate brown.
- Little Black Dress (women only)- Yes you all need this in your wardrobe. Think about how many outfits you can get out of this. It doesn’t have to be black it can be grey or dark navy as long as the fit is perfect! Shop around until you find the right choice.
- Lace-Ups and Loafers- They can be brown or black, but you need both.
- Basic Pump (women only)- Pick your color wisely. A color that will go with everyone is nude. It also feminine and will go with everything in your wardrobe.
- Coat- Spend the money! Pick the right color, fit, fabric and style and enjoy your investment for years. Fabric is the most important, invest in a luxurious wool or if budget allows a beautiful cashmere. The fit should be comfortable and not too tight. The color is predictable but trust me you will always be able to coordinate with rest of your wardrobe. I recommend grey, dark blue, dark camel or chocolate brown, in that order.
Of course, we can always review your wardrobe together and I can provide you with my recommendations. Simply CONTACT ME and we can get started.